Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Why the Alliance between Catholics and the Democratic Party Has Broken Down

Why the Alliance between Catholics and the Democratic Party Has Broken Down

I'm not a Catholic, but I like this article I found on the Catholic Web site Godspy.com, which was a sponsored link in response to my Google search for "culture war". The author makes a lot of good points. As a sociology major, I was well aware of the historical link between the Catholic Church and the Democratic Party. I'm gratified to see that he thinks this link is breaking down over moral and philosophical differences. I've long been disappointed in Catholics who've allowed their social concerns to override their moral judgment in other areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home