Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Monday, February 28, 2005

Bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R

I'm very disappointed that Mel Gibson's film The Passion of the Christ didn't win any of the awards for which it was nominated. It was the most artistically daring and spiritually beautiful film of 2004. It's not on my list of best movies of 2004, because I couldn't bear to see it again, but it's a great movie.

I'm very disappointed that Martin Scorsese was snubbed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences again. Although the Aviator was not on my list either, it was better than Million Dollar Baby, a pile of sentimental horse manure.

They did the right thing by giving Jamie Foxx his award for Ray, and giving Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind the original screenplay award.

I don't know why they think Clint Eastwood is such a great director. All his movies are about the same thing: getting away with murder, which is what he does, every time he makes a movie.

I would have chosen Ray as the best picture of 2004, if I had to choose from the nominees.

Here's my 2004 Top Ten list:

Ray
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Incredibles, The
Twilight Samurai
Touching the Void
Hotel Rwanda
Shaun of the Dead
Napoleon Dynamite
Mean Creek
Spiderman 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home