Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Friday, May 13, 2005

Revenge of the Sith might be 10th widest release ever

Via Boxoffice Mojo:

Star Wars: the Revenge of the Sith (Fox) will open in approximately 3,700 theatres in the United States. It will have a global launch next weekend, playing everywhere except Japan and South Korea. If the estimate proves accurate, it would be the 10th widest release ever.

For comparison,
- Attack of the Clones opened in 3,161 theaters
Opening Day: $30,141,471 (on a Thurs.)
Four-day bow: $110,169,231

- The Phantom Menace opened in 2,970 theaters
Opening Day: $28,542,349 (on a Wed.)
Five-day bow: $105,661,237

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dedwarmo said...

Darth Vader is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Says you.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Dedwarmo said...

I was too harsh. I'm trying to decide if I can identify with Darth Vader. Do I hate him, pity him, or do I even care? Is it possible that I might admire him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home