Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Rent a negro

"Rent-a-negro.com is a state-of-the-arts service that allows you the chance to promote your connection with a creative, articulate, friendly, attractive, and pleasing African American person. This service comes without the commitment of learning about racism, challenging your own white privilege, or being labeled 'radical.' In fact, rent-a-negro.com allows you to use your money and status to your advantage! In addition, your dollars go to support the development of African American culture...everyone benefits!"



I'm sorry to say that I've rented a black person before. I've asked someone to give me the "black opinion" on something, as if one person could/should represent their entire race. This book and Web site is really good at pointing out my ignorance on the subject of race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home