Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Five Tips to Increase Your Likeability

This list of Five Tips to Increase Your Likeability from the Prometheus Institute, a secular, libertarian think tank, is highly practical and fairly easy to implement. I've already been working on all but number four, which I see as counter to my obedience to God, but there is a way to interpret it differently. Instead of "eliminate all judgments," I will endeavor to practice it as "be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." [Ephesians 4: 31-32, KJV]

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Bobmo said...

This is a great list of recommendations! But I agree with you about #4. It's hard to "eliminate all judgments" and "Set your own personal unbreakable code of ethics" at the same time! You'd think that would have jumped right out at the author.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Becky said...

You are so rational. I didn't catch that contradiction. It's part of that popular myth that what's right or wrong is a matter of personal choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home