Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Birds

I was spraying my shrubs with fungicide. Suddenly, a bird flew out of one of them. I looked and discovered a bird's nest in the shrub in front of my living room window. I was worried that I might have sprayed fungicide on it. I looked to see if the nest was empty. It had three little tiny chicks in it, which had just hatched moments before. One of them was still struggling to get out of its shell. I could tell they were alive because I could see their hearts beating through their delicate skin. They were pink and purple, with little bits of fluff attached, and their heads tucked underneath each other. I hope their Mama comes back to feed them. I hope the fungicide didn't hurt them.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Dedwarmo said...

Other than their heart beating were the chicks moving?

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Becky said...

No.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Marge said...

Oh, oh! What is the sequel to this story.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I am afraid it has a sad ending. :( When I returned from vacation, I found one of the chicks dead in my yard. The nest was empty. I hope at least one is alive somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home