Fourth of Six

Listen Up! There will be a test!

Friday, March 11, 2005

The Passion Recut

The Carousel Cinemas on Battleground Ave in Greensboro, NC is showing Mel Gibson's The Passion Recut. It's supposed to have the violence toned down for a more general audience. I was glad to have the realism of the first one, because it's necessary, but I'm also glad to have it toned down. It was awful. Find a description and showtimes at TriadMovies.com.

Sidebar: I love Carousel Cinemas, because they are independent and support local cinema. I like that they show a mix of wide-release and limited-release titles. They don't avoid controversial films. They show films that represent every minority, including Christians, gays, African-Americans, Hispanic, etc. They have great refreshments, too, including a bistro cafe which serves food and hot beverages. In addition to liking the Carousel, my friends will tell you I spend a lot of money there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home